- What is the beanbag workshop?
A 90-minute guided class in which you will sew a lined beanbag that’s suitable for children.*
- Why should I make my own beanbags?
Pediatric therapists often use beanbags during play therapy with kids! They’re beneficial for improving motor skills and hand-eye coordination. They also offer tactile stimulation, which can improve alertness and concentration.
Therapeutic beanbags can be expensive to purchase, but it’s easy to sew your own. Plus, you can customize your beanbags with different sizes, fabrics, and weight options.
- Who’s teaching this workshop?
That’s me, Lisha Vidler! I’m a sewing teacher from Cordova, TN.
- Who’s sponsoring this workshop?
Liz McMahon, director of the pediatric therapy clinic Brightsong, is generously allowing us to hold the workshop at her clinic.
- When is the next workshop?
- Where’s the workshop being held?
70 Timber Lake, Suite #1
Cordova TN 38018
- How much does the workshop cost?
The fee is $35 per person. This includes a $15 non-refundable materials fee, due upon sign-up. The remainder of the fee is due at the class.
- How many people will be attending the workshop?
Seating for this workshop is limited to four students. If you want to attend, reserve your seat now!
- What should I bring to the workshop?
You’ll need to bring a portable sewing machine, along with its manual. Please ensure the sewing machine is in good working order! If it’s been gathering dust for a few years, it probably needs a professional cleaning and tuneup before you use it again.
You’ll also need a small sewing kit, including a bobbin for your sewing machine that’s filled with white or ivory thread, pins, and a seam ripper.
- What materials are provided?
Your $15 materials fee includes:
- Beanbag Patterns (Small & Medium)
- Tutorial Booklet
- Fabric (Quilting Calico & Unbleached Muslin)
- Seam Guide
Needles, thread, and thread snips will be available for you to borrow.
- What if I don’t know how to sew?
If you need help learning to sew before the workshop, contact me to take a “Sewing Machine 101” class.
- How do I sign up?
Call Liz McMahon at (901) 309-3077
Seating is limited, so call now to reserve your spot at the Beanbag Workshop!
* Note: Always supervise young children while they’re playing with beanbags.